Thursday, March 20, 2008

Promises, Promises

I don't know about you, but I put little stock in people's promises. I have spent the past month trying to get a tracking number for a transmission I ordered on e-bay. Last night I finally told the seller to cancel the order and return my deposit, which he took on March 3rd.
For the past three weeks he has promised to call me back six times and never did. He promised I would have a tracking number within three days of my order, never got one.

He is just the most recent disappointment I have had with trusting people to keep their promises.

You know what; this has probably dulled my expectations when I read of God's promises in the Bible. Today, at the end of my reading through the Bible schedule, I encountered was this verse:

Joshua 21:45 -- "Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled."

Wow! God keeps His promises! My mind immediately began to rehearse all the great promises I find given to me as a believer in Jesus Christ. It's going to be a great day. With what God has promised, it's going to be a great every day.
I needed that reality check today as I begin to look for another source for a transmission. Maybe I'll find someone I can trust.

Just Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.