Friday, March 21, 2008

Promises, Promises II

Yesterday's blog was different. It was sort of a peek inside my weird head. I got a "?" response from some anonymous guy or girl. I can see how the blog could be confusing. The "Wow! God keeps His promises" could be read as a discovery of something new. It was surely not a discovery on my part, but rather a strong reminder that the surety of life is found only in God.
This morning as I finished Joshua, he gave the same reminder to the leaders again. (Joshua 23:14) When I focus on what God has promised, we gain a new perspective on the problems and disappointments that life often throws our way.

Things that came to mind this morning:

"And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again." Philippians 1:6 Praise the Lord for continuing to create the new man in me. What a project!

"The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish , so he is giving more time for everyone to repent." 2 Peter 3:9 God's all about seeing people saved before He returns. That's what I should be all about, too. Sometimes we get so caught up in baby sitting the saints that we neglect taking the life-giving gospel to the lost.

Which of God's promises rock your world today?

Just Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.