Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Healthier Together

One of my ministries includes guiding people into Community Groups and plugging them into authentic relationships where real ministry can take place. This is not as easy as it sounds. People often see church as a place to fulfil their duty to the God who saved them and to learn more about God and the Bible.
God describes church as a body where every part functions with and for the other parts. Check this out: (discovered in Andy Stanley's Creating Community)

Researchers have found that most isolated people are three times more likely to die than those with strong relational connections. People who had bad health habits (such as smoking, poor eating habits, obesity, or alcohol abuse), but strong social ties lived significantly longer than people who had great health habits but were isolated.

So, it is better to eat Crispy Cremes with good friends than to eat broccoli alone.

That's why the Krispy Kremes at Barefoot Church are safe to eat.

Just Thinking.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is really interesting! Still not a good enough excuse to eat Krispy Kreams though =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA, I love this! Next Sunday I'll take two Krispy Kremes versus one since they are good for us. God bless you for injecting humor into what otherwise could be a ho hum day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have experienced this. Having good friends in the midst of a messed up life has saved the day for me many a time. In spite of my sin because of my close friends and spiritual outlets, I have been extremely healthy my whole life. I also attribute that to good genes too, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one!!! Maybe we can start having Five Guys Hamburgers together after staff meeting on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave a comment.