Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dead or Alive

I'm still dwelling on Christ's promise that was central to our men's bible study yesterday. Yesterday, the fact that Christians will never be left as orphans hit me hard. Today, the truth that we are alive because Christ is alive has intrigued me.

Some see people as lost or saved. It is true that you are either one or the other. It is also true that we are either alive or dead, spiritually. We can either see or we are blind, spiritually.

Christ said there was a time coming when the world will see Him no more but we will see Him, because He lives, we live. John 14:19

Check out these verses:

Ephesians 2:1-7 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus, in order that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live , but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.

1 John 5:11-12 And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life , and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life ; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life .

Praise the Lord for life! It's exciting to see the dead made alive and the blind seeing Christ. I was talking to a guy yesterday who is experiencing new life in Christ and seeing things he has never seen before. How great is that!!

Garage project is progressing. I'm considering a garage party when I get finished.

Enjoy the Life Christ has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.