Sunday, October 7, 2007

Putting It All Together

Well, after building the grill (see previous blog), I decided it was time to organize the garage. So. . . . off to Home Depot to buy "cabinets in a box" and begin the assembly process again. I feel like I have been working in a factory for the past several days. Eight feet of cabinets topped with a workbench top and a large upright, two-door closet should hold all the clutter that is presently being stored in the same boxes we packed over a year ago.

I can't wait to get it all organized! Organizing my garage will:

1. Make a ton of room in the garage.
2. Make room for my Total Gym which means I can start to work on some of my physical needs.
3. Allow me to find and organize all my tools. Yahoo!
4. Make me feel wonderful.

I am also sensing the need to do some organizing in my life. It seems to get pretty cluttered over time. My garage has made me think of what I need to do to get my life organized. I need to have cabinets like: spiritual life, family, church, recreation and miscellaneous life stuff. Some stuff is still in boxes since resigning my old ministry and moving here. I am still operating from a tentative outlook and it is time to unpack and get to work.

Organizing my life will:
1. Make a lot more available time. (clutter causes waste)
2. Make room for the spiritual exercises I need to help me grow.
3. Allow me to use more of the spiritual gifts God has given me.
4. Make me feel blessed.

We had a great day at church with a very relevant challenge to stop trying to do life alone and to connect with others. Clay hit a home run! Check it out on the Barefoot link.

Caught a 17-inch flounder yesterday while spending a day at the beach with the family. Certainly going to put some of that time in my family cabinet.

Trying to put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.