Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Heathen as our Inheritance

It is getting difficult to find Internet availability as I travel in more remote areas. It is even hard to find phone service. Most of yesterday was spent speaking in broken segments to people. It was sort of like sending digital smoke signals that came in "puffs" as I went in and out of cell coverage.

I am in the final days of my travels. I am sooo. . . looking forward to getting back home to my family, my bed and my church and my motorcycle.


I was looking at one of the reports from a preacher we are helping in Zimbabwe and it was a challenging blessing to me. I hope it will be used to encourage you also.

From Tobias Dube:
"The Lord has been so good to our outreaches. Indeed, He has given us the heathen for our inheritance. We have been conducting some outreaches at a village called Somills. This is a place which has been neglected by the gospel for some years. It is about 250 kilometers from Bulawayo. The actual place is 40 kilometers from the bus stop. No traffic is eligible to the place which contains 6,000 population. The people there are far beyond civilization in that they still put on animals skins. We had to struggle to get to such a place. It took us two days to arrive in the area. We were pressed down, tired and our feet swollen. On our arrival we had to rest for two days. The day came for an outreach to commence which was also difficult because of the resistance of the people, some stoning us with minor injuries. The fifth day the outreach was so good that we had the persistent attendance of 500 people, of which the majority gave their life to the Lord. We had to spend another month so as to disciple the people. Yes indeed, salvation has come to such a place as this one."

The testimony speaks for itself. These guys are the real deal! We often think of heaven as our inheritance but God has given us the joy of birthing children in Christ through the gospel that become part of our inheritance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.