Monday, September 17, 2007

Putting It All Together

I am sitting on a rocking chair on the front porch of a doctor's office in Banner Elk, North Carolina. (The only place I can get online.) I am surrounded by mountains of mixed hardwoods and pines. The sky is so blue it looks surreal and the warm sun complements the cool breeze of the fall air in the highlands.

Yesterday, I had a great meeting with Christians from various churches who had travelled to Haiti with me over the years. It was awesome to watch God at work. When I mentioned that we were shipping a grader over to Zambia to build the road to the bible college we are building, a man responded with excitement and said his friend, who is an excellent heavy equipment operator, was just saying he wished he could use his talents on the mission field. When I mentioned my desire to move into Kenya after we get things rolling in Nigeria, another person excitedly told me of some contacts he has in Kenya that he wants to pass along to me. There was a missionary couple there from Johannesburg who said they were available it we ever had to lay over on our way in and out of Africa (that is actually very likely). A doctor who served in Zambia for over 35 years has a daughter still serving there as a nurse. He was excited to learn of our nursing school that is soon to open and believes his daughter could help teach there. (We have been praying for teachers for the school.) God sure has been busy answering our prayers.

It is amazing to realize that God is orchestrating His plans to engage His children in His work. There's a stirring of God taking place and He has called His leaders to "put it all together" as opposed to "trying to make it happen." God is showing me that I need to be sounding the rally trumpet and putting the people to work that He calls to the the rally point.

Dear Lord, as you stir hearts and build you church, give us the wisdom and grace to put it all together so that your name may be glorified.

Off to Harrisonburg, Virginia in the morning, then to York, Pennsylvania. I wonder what the Lord has planned there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.