Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Life Ain't Easy

"Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kedar."— Psalms 120:5

It is comforting to know that even great men of God who are caught in snapshots in the Scriptures are seen wrestling with their human emotions. Mesech was a place of barbaric wickedness. Kedar refers to nomadic tribes of Arabs that wondered about northwestern Arabia. They dwelt in black hair tents. To "dwell in the tents of Kedar" meant to be cut off from worship of the true God. The irony of this moaning is that God sent His Son to die because of "Mesech" and even in the midst of paganism we are never cut off from worshiping the true God.

When I read, this my mind goes back to yesterday's community group Bible study where we looked at what is called Christ's triumphal entry (Actually it was His triumphal exit. His triumphal entry is yet to come.)

Compare the palmists cry to the cry of our Savior who was about to be crucified, bearing the sins of the world. "Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, 'Father, save Me from this hour? But for this purpose I came to this hour. "Father, glorify Thy name." John 12:27-28

It's ok to acknowledge the difficulty of the hour as long as we never forget that it is God who works among us to will and to do of His good pleasure. What shall we say? It is our ultimate privilege to say, "Father, glorify your name."

May we have the confidence, contentment, courage, commitment and compassion to make this our testimony. May the world ask, "What is that hope that lies within you?" And may we be prepared to give an answer. "I know God, whom to know is life eternal."

Just Thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.