Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Encouragement is Contageous

Sometimes there just doesn't seem to be much rest between challenges. As leaders, the conflicts we are facing often affect the morale of the whole team. All this is not a new or unique thing. The Scriptures record similar environments for God's servants hundreds of years ago. Here is what Paul experienced as he dealt with issues at Corinth and throughout the region of Macedonia:

"When we arrived in Macedonia there was no rest for us. Outside there was conflict from every direction, and inside there was fear. But God, who encourages those who are discouraged , encouraged us by the arrival of Titus. His presence was a joy, but so was the news he brought of the encouragement he received from you. When he told me how much you were looking forward to my visit, and how sorry you were about what had happened, and how loyal your love is for me, I was filled with joy! " 2 Corinthians 7:5-7

Check it out!
  • Ministry can be stressful. (Stay healthy.)

  • Conflict has impact on team morale. (Stay close to your team.)

  • God is the encourager of His servants. (Stay close to God.)

  • God uses us to encourage one another. (Be an encourager.)

  • Thorns in your flesh can turn into tools in your hand when God is at work. (Don't take issues personally.)

Encouragement is contageous. Let's see what happens when an epidemic of encouragement breaks out in the church.

Just Thinking.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone Needs A Titus. It would be cool to have him following behind me all day screaming out words of encourgement. "You can do it". Since I am dreaming, a live band singing my favorite christian songs would be nice also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my time of struggles it's always nice to just talk with my brothers in the church. We have a great team and more importantly a great family. Thank you for being a part of this team and of my family, Jim.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave a comment.