Friday, December 14, 2007

Watch God Work

I'm making my way back home. I finally have access to the Internet and am beginning my re-entry preparations. One of the things that has been on my mind and in my prayers has been the need to put 4.5 tons of canned food in a pod that is parked in front of our church. When I left, there might have been 400 lbs tucked in the corner. We really asked our people to stretch during this holiday season! I confessed to the Lord that our planning may not have been the best but His name was on the project and His people were engaged. I knew this was going to be an opportunity for God to show up big-time. And He did!

Our student pastor, Chris, had the students pull together an offering to purchase canned goods. They collected $200. While they were checking out at the grocery store, a man asked what they were doing and was moved to give them another $500 to get some more. God tells us to bring what we have and He will show up with what we need. I pray this is a life-changing event for our students!


One man brought a half ton of food in his pickup, which caused another group to do likewise. When I called today, I was told that we now have over 3 tons of food and Sunday is still coming. The best way we can provoke others to good works is to step out ourselves. That truckload of food did a truckload of ministry beyond providing food for Helping Hand.


Service in the name of the Lord gives God a showcase and gives His children a grow-place. Want to get involved in what God is doing? Bring an arm-load, trunk-load or truckload of canned goods to the church before Sunday night. Monday, the pod will be delivered to North Strand Helping Hand.


Rejoicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.