Saturday, December 22, 2007

Celebrate in 2008

I can't help but anticipate great things in 2008. If we truly believe and act upon the fact that God's Word has answers to our wishes and desires, we will see God show His faithfulness. One verse keeps coming to my mind at this time:

"Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the second time, while he was still confined in the court of the guard, saying, 'Thus says the LORD who made the earth, the LORD who formed it to establish it, the LORD is His name, 'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 33:1-3 NASB

Check out the phrases, "while he was still confined", "the Lord who made the earth . .", "call on me and I will answer you." Ever feel confined in the court of this world? Have you considered Who we are dealing with? Where do you turn when you need answers? If we googled God's Word as much as we google the Internet we would find "great and mighty" answers.

We may have limited vision, God does not. We may have limited wisdom, God does not. We may have limited resources, God does not. We struggle for answers to life's challenges. God says if we will call on Him, He has the answers.

The "Wish" series has called us to trust God in a way that will totally change our lives and the world around us. We are right on the mark with our vision of "changing lives that change the world."

You don't want to miss the last two challenges of the series. If you can't come to church, check it out on the website.

Celebrating.

1 comment:

  1. Jim, I just want you to know how much of a blessing you are. I have been attending this church for quite some time now and it has changed my life tremenodusly. Unfortunately, as most christians do at one time or another, I have stumbled along my walk with christ. Recently I hav fallen hard and couldn't manage to pick myself up. After much denial and hiding, God finally shed some light on my situation and I am free. It feels great, Satan was working overtime to hold me down, but the prayers of those who love me and know the plans God has have finally served to lift me graciously back to my knees :) You sermon was icing on the cake. It is true that God will not bless those who are disobediant. It so simple really, yet so difficult. To disreguard the desires of my flesh and remember what he has done for me, thereby being obediant to the only one that truly loves me fully and completely. 2008 is a new year, full of opportunities to grow, reconnect, deepen my relationship with God and the family he has given me at this church. That is exactly what I intend to do. My covenant has been sealed and I keep my stone close by to remind me of the day I came back.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave a comment.