Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Monday and Sunday is Coming

Did you ever start one of those weeks that lays out before you in such a way that the light at the end of the tunnel is the next worship service? As I write this blog I am sitting in the Myrtle Beach airport waiting for my 8:55pm flight to leave for Atlantic City. The flight is now scheduled to leave at 10:25. The people who were going to pick me up at 10:00 in Atlantic City have put a car in the parking lot and gone home.

My mother is scheduled to have a serious surgery on Tuesday morning in Reading, Pennsylvania. I found a cheap flight on Spirit Airlines and will have to drive a couple hours after landing to get to her place.

It seems like a long time since I woke up this morning to a new day, with new Scripture, and new blogs. I was really blessed and challenged by Flamingo's podcast! (Check out Monday's.) Leaders need to check this one out. It was interesting to find that Clay chose to use the same podcast at our leaders meeting.

We separated the Chirstmas gifts piled up in the lobby and sent 46 of them off to a local elementary school to fulfil the wishes of many boys and girls whose parents were struggling this year to buy their children gifts. Another 100 gifts will go out next Monday.

Cars came and went with canned goods for our effort to provide North Strand Helping Hand with 4.5 tons of food. We have really pushed the envelope this year as our church stepped up to the plate (or maybe the cross) to deliver funds for 200 turkeys for needy families at Thanksgiving, gifts for 146 children for Christmas and now 4.5 tons of canned food to warm the bellies of hungry people this year.

A female officer from our local police department was sent to investigate our ministry to battered women, which w. . . . . .

Opps! The plane came while I was in the middle of that thought. It is now Thursday morning and this is the first time I've had access to the Internet. I finally reached my mom's house at 2:00am and got up at 5:00am to take her to the hospital. Her surgery was difficult, but she seems to be through the worst and may be moved out of intensive care today. I have been learning a lot about patience, while still looking forward, more than ever, to the weekend.

This morning has been crammed with e-mail catchup, preparation to go to the hospital, and the continuation of projects for Gospelink and the church. Tomorrow I will visit the hospital in the morning and then relocate to New Jersey in preparation for an early morning departure back to Myrtle Beach. Hopefully there will be no delays. I have a meeting that afternoon with the board at the church concerning two budgets that represent two of the ministries I will be focused on in 2008.

Sunday is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.