Friday, August 31, 2007

Labor Day

I find it interesting that "Labor Day weekend" is most noted as a time to get off from work. Don't be mistaken, I am looking forward to horseshoes with my family, country music on the river in Conway and fireworks.

Labor Day is a celebration of the appreciation of workers. It is a time to stop and enjoy a little time off from our labors. I think this is good!
God set a pattern of working and resting and declaring it all good.

Jesus invites us to rest even while we are working. He gives us all an invitation to learn what it means to walk with Him and let Him shoulder some of our load. Do you hear Him?

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Enjoy the weekend. Praise God we have entered into His rest through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Just Thinking

1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    How in the world can you listen to Country Music? I thought you were into rap? :>)

    Mrv

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave a comment.