Thursday, August 30, 2007

Trust in the Lord

This morning I contnued to work on my plans for an upcoming trip that involves six churches in five states and several other meetings. I like to have everything in line and confirmed but there are still several things, including what car will I take, that are up in the air.

I was looking at Spurgeon's Morning devotion for today. He started off with, "It may seem an easy thing to wait, but it is one of the postures which a Christian soldier learns not without years of teaching. Marching and quick-marching are much easier to God's warriors than standing still. There are hours of perplexity when the most willing spirit, anxiously desirous to serve the Lord, knows not what part to take. Then what shall it do? Vex itself by despair? Fly back in cowardice, turn to the right hand in fear, or rush forward in presumption? No, but simply wait. Wait in prayer, however." Psalms 27:14 encourages us to: "Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."

You have probably had one of those times when you acknowledge what God has shown you in His Word but then begin to move forward without applying it. The Lord and I had quite a time getting this one to sink in and bring peace to my restless heart.

I have always said we often act like professing Christians and practicing atheists. God can be trusted and He will show up "in the fullness of time." Had a great day and I am looking forward to what the Lord has in mind in those areas that aren't nailed down yet.

Waiting, Worshiping and Working without Worry

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.