Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thoughts on Suffering

I serve in an area of ministry where I continually counsel and console people who are facing difficult, painful, and overwhelming situations. I thought that maybe someone who reads my blogs (there has to be at least six or more people) might be interest in what the Lord has shown me.

James 1:2 - 12 has four important verbs in it that help me in times of suffering.

“Consider” What is God doing?

“Know” What do you know about God?

“Let” Allow God to do what He wants.

“Ask” Ask God what He wants you to do.

Sounds simple, but taking time to meditate and pray over these four verbs will do more than anxiety and panic.

Just some thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Good Word Jim ... That may be a sermon Outline for you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave a comment.