Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Compassionate Confrontation 1

Over the next few blogs I want to revisit a topic that is dear to my heart. As the world gets crazier and crazier, as it begins to manifest its end-times image, it will affect how we walk and how we respond. The next few blogs will be excerpts from my book.

Please. I am not hung up on my book. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to edit it one more time. The book was written out of a passion that has been stirred from the unique experiences God has given me.

I hope you will enjoy and be challenged by the excerpts. You can order the book from Amazon.com by using the link on this blog or "while supplies last" I will send you an autographed copy for $10, including shipping. (This would involve sending a check made out to me with your address. Not for everyone, but who knows, maybe your grandchildren will find it neat that you have an autographed book from that crazy preacher who lived in North Myrtle Beach.) Send to: Jim Evans - 620 Seth Lane, Longs, SC 29568.

Taken from page 89:
"We cannot control the culture, but we can change our response to it. We have seen many times where a proper Christian response to a situation has allowed God to impact the situation and to glorify His Name. There are other times that God has allowed His children to suffer and even be martyred to declare His judgment on the wicked and to glorify His Name. The problem we often face is that we try to do what only God can do and neglect to do what is expected of us. It is God’s responsibility and privilege to change things and judge the wicked. It is our responsibility to respond like Christians to situations and the wicked."

PS Sorry to those who subscribe to this blog and got a weird posting. It was totally accidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.